STARFIVE INTERNATIONAL PTE LTD
Senior System Architecture Designer
Permanent  / 1 to 3 Years experience
Posted 31 Jan, 2023
Who are we?
We are the System Architecture Group at StarFive in Singapore. We focus on micro-architectural design, modeling, exploration and benchmarking. We help leadership and different stakeholders to make a data driven design decisions.
- CPU, cache, bus interconnection micro-architecture design and exploration
- Build the confidence performance model that can quantify the results with data-driven methodology
- Using existing benchmarks and writing own synthetic testing to correlate performance with RTL implementation
- Understand the HW/SW interface and requirements coming from SoC and software teams and independently working on possible modelling and simulation solutions
- BS/MS/PhD with relevant experience in Computer Architecture or strong interest in System Design/Computer Architecture
- Proficient in C/C++ and scripting languages (Perl/Python)
- Knowledge of one or more areas in computer architecture: CPU pipeline, cache hierarchy, interconnect network architectures etc
- Any prior experience in developing simulation-based performance models for SoC subsystems for architectural exploration and design tradeoffs evaluations is a plus
- Familiarity with Verilog/System Verilog/Chisel required but not mandatory
- Knowledge of RISC-V ISA is valuable but not mandatory
- Knowledge of assembly language in any of the ISA (X86, ARM etc) is valuable
- Any prior experience is bare metal environment for benchmarking using performance monitoring tools like perf etc is valuable
- Working knowledge of operating system (e.g. Linux) internals and/or compiler is preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to deliver high quality analysis and independently drive modeling tasks is preferred
- Curiosity and Enthusiasm to explore advance state of the art technologies with calculated risks
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral; good team player
StarFive – Leading the revolution of RISC-V technology and ecosystem. StarFive was founded in August 2018, with its headquarter located in Shanghai with various offices in Beijing, Chengdu, Shunde of Guangdong, Shenzhen, Taiwan and Silicon Valley. StarFive started Southeast Asia expansion in early 2021 with successful launch of Malaysia Design Centre and StarFive Singapore office. To date, StarFive employed 200+ employees globally with most of its employees currently based in Shanghai, Beijing & Chengdu. StarFive has an experienced international management team in R&D and semiconductor operations. StarFive is the leader of RISC-V technology and ecosystem development in China with complete and silicon proven portfolio of RISC-V CPU IP series and platform-based software and hardware full stack chip solution. StarFive products are widely used in smart home appliances, smart monitoring, industrial robots, traffic management, intelligent logistics, wearable devices, solid state storage, network communications and edge computing, etc. StarFive Singapore will be focusing on analog and mix signal design platform, software and hardware architecture design, algorithm and protocol development, and end-to-end solutions for international market.