Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted 07 Dec, 2021
We are looking for a mechanical engineer who is hands on, highly motivated, and a team player. The candidate will be engaged during the entire product lifecycle, from prototype to productization, and play a decisive role in the mechanical design and qualification of a future KLA product. The engineer will support the design, building, and qualification over a wide range of KLA systems and integrated components. The candidate will be expected to provide solutions to tooling, test fixtures, and prototypes for the purpose of concept validation and risk retirement.
- Designs mechanical parts, modules, and subsystems. Experience with precision mechanical design and/or opto-mechanics is a plus
- Responsible for the complete design process, including requirements specification, feasibility studies, cost management, and scheduling.
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to determine design requirements, implement best design practices, and achieve functional product design solution.
- Design mechanical components in 3D CAD software (Creo Intralink preferred).
- Conduct FEA analyses, including thermal, structural, and vibration analysis, to optimize mechanical design
- Reduce 3D mechanical designs to 2D drawing and proper application of mechanical tolerancing/GD&T to achieve desired fit and functionality of manufactured parts. Experience with tolerance analysis preferred
- Identifies suppliers and strategic partners to develop components and sub-system assemblies that will expedite product development timeline. Work closely with and manages suppliers to ensure parts and assemblies are built per design, and cost and schedule requirements are specified and achieved. Manages vendor relationships from engagement to delivery and qualification.
- Participate in entire design/build cycle, including design, 3D CAD modeling, design review presentations, 2D drawing generation, procurement of prototype parts, system integration, and prototype testing. Experience with DFM and testing and data acquisition preferred.
- We are looking for creative, self-motivated engineers who are interested in contributing to new technology development and solving cutting-edge technical problems
- Must have excellent oral and written communication, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ownership of work tasks; comfortable driving mechanical design projects within a team
- Candidate must have experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals, including design principles, materials selection, and fabrication/machining methods.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills in structural mechanics and thermal transport, including both first order calculations and FEA methods.
- Mechanical/product design experience in 3D CAD software
- Experience with 2D drafting and tolerance analysis.
- Experience with thermal, structural and vibration analysis using ANSYS, Creo Simulate, and/or COMSOL.
- Experience in several of these areas is desirable: precision mechanical design; FEA analysis; thermal analysis; structural mechanics; 3D CAD modeling, design for manufacture (DFM), 2D drafting and application of tolerancing/GD&T, measurement instrumentation, testing and data acquisition, Programming in Python, C/C++/C# and/or MATLAB.
- Doctorate / Master's Degree or Bachelor's Level Degree in Mechanical Engineering
New positions coming soon.