Principal Analyst G/L Accounting
Introduction to GlobalFoundries
GlobalFoundries (GF) is one of the world’s leading semiconductor foundries and the only one with a truly global footprint spanning three continents. We manufacture complex, feature-rich integrated circuits that enable billions of electronic devices. At GF, we make things that matter — from the solutions that enable the way we live today, to the technologies that drive what’s possible for tomorrow. Join us in changing the industry that is changing the world. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
What You Will Do
- Execute General Ledger activities and monthly closing activities for APAC regional offices in accordance with the close calendar ensuring Corporate accounting policies and effective internal controls are been adhered to.
- Collaborate closely with Corporate accounting teams and work across different functions and stakeholders to see through the monthly accounting close, ensuring all critical accounting matters are appropriately identified and dealt with.
- Further improve the month-end close process and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting for APAC regional offices. These include analysis of accounts and preparation/review and investigation of monthly accounts reconciliations.
- Prepare/Review monthly/quarterly corporate reporting in a timely and accurate manner for corporate & local statutory reporting, consistent with IFRS, and Globalfoundries accounting policies and local GAAP (ie. FRS where applicable).
- Coordinate and manage the annual statutory audits, dealing with the Auditors and ensuring timely completion of the annual audit process.
- Prepare statutory accounts in FRS
- Support internal audits to ensure record keeping and sound corporate governance are maintained, in accordance with the requirements of auditors and government agencies/Regulatory bodies
- Responsible for the timely delivery of regulatory reporting and statistical surveys.
- On ad-hoc basis, support technical accounting projects and system improvement projects.
What You Will Need
- Degree in Accounting/Business/Finance or Equivalent Professional Qualifications (e.g. CA)
- 5 years of working experience preferably in a multi-national manufacturing company or CPA firm
- ERP work knowledge is a plus
- Semiconductor industry knowledge is advantageous
- Initial years spent in CPA firms or Chartered Accountants would be helpful
- Led prior engagement with auditors - Coordinate and manage the annual statutory audits, dealing with the Auditors and ensuring timely completion of the audit process
- Familiar with the close processes in an ERP environment
- Familiar with the preparation/review of monthly financial statements
- Work level understanding of effective internal controls and SOX compliance experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of IFRS standards and USA GAAP (is a plus)
- Show good communication skills, speak fluently, and is easily understood in an international environment
- Demonstrated ability to work across borders, cutting through different work cultures
Other Essential Attribute
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work across functions, across borders and across cultures in a global company, and interact with all hierarchy in the organization.
- Speak English with clarity and good writing skills
- Some amount of travelling might be required
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an equal opportunity employer, cultivating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe having a multicultural workplace enhances productivity, efficiency, and innovation whilst our employees feel truly respected, valued and heard.
As an affirmative employer, all qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, marital status, citizenship, race, religion, political affiliation, gender, sexual orientation and medical and/or physical abilities.
All offers of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES are conditioned upon the successful completion of background checks, and medical screenings, as applicable and subject to the respective local laws and regulations.
To ensure that we maintain a safe and healthy workplace for our GlobalFoundries employees, please note that offered candidates who have applied for jobs in Singapore will have to be fully vaccinated prior to their targeted start date. For new hires, the appointment is contingent upon the provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation.
New positions coming soon.